New Utility Service

You must apply for utility service at City Hall, located at 228 S. 2nd Street in downtown Odessa during regular business hours. You will need to complete an application with the service address and pay the applicable deposit. Residential deposit amounts are listed below. Please contact City Hall (816) 230-5577 ext. 3 to determine the deposit amount for your business location. Commercial Deposits are an approximate average of two (2) months of usage for said property. 

Submit your application to Andrea Johns, Utility Billing Clerk

Utility Information

  •     The City of Odessa supplies electricity, trash, water, and wastewater to city residents.  
  •     Deposits are required for all utilities before service will be connected.
  •     Deposits are held until final utility bill is paid.

Residential Deposit Amounts 


Utility Billing and Collection Procedures

Utility meters are read around the middle of each month. All utility bills are mailed on the last business day of each month and are due by the 15th, after which there will be a late fee of 5% assessed. Payment is required on or before the 20th, and Disconnect Day will be the first business day after the 20th. Once a disconnect order for non-payment has been issued, you will be required to pay the reconnect fee, even if the services has not yet been disconnected. The reconnect fee is $50.00 during regular business hours. The reconnect fee after hours is $100.00, however, please note that the City will only do after hours reconnects until 6:00 pm. Reconnects will resume the morning of the following business day. If disconnected, the full utility bill plus the reconnect fee must be paid in order for service to be reconnected.

Paying Your Utility Bill

The payment process is easy with multiple ways to pay your utility bill! You can pay online by clicking the link below. Choose how you want to pay: 

The best part is that no matter how you choose to pay there is NO additional fee! 

Visit the link below to set up an account. There you can view billing details, manage single & multi-accounts, pay multiple bills, and enroll in e-billing and notifications.

Online Payment

We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express. 

You may pay by cash, check or money order at City Hall during normal business hours: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.

New to Odessa? 

View the Odessan's Annual City Guide to learn more about the community!